Citizens Media Summit II Agenda
A one-day conference at the Capital Hilton in conjunction with the ONA conference in Washington, D.C.
Sponsored by J-Lab: The Institute for Interactive Journalism in conjunction with the Online News Association.
Supported by a grant from the Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation.
We have reached capacity for this event and can no longer take new registrants. Thank you!
8:30-9:00 a.m. Registration/ Continental Breakfast
Welcome: Jan Schaffer, J-Lab Director
Tom Kunkel, Dean, Philip Merrill College of Journalism
9:00-10:15 a.m. New Kinds of Hyperlocal Start-ups
- Aggregator Model—Jeremy Iggers, Founder TCDailyPlanet.com
- Commons Model—Lew Friedland, Founder, MadisonCommons.org
- Co-op Model—Maureen Mann, Editor, The Forum, Deerfield, NH
10:30-11:15 a.m. Solo-jos with Community Impact
- Barry Parr, Editor and Publisher, Coastsider.com
- Lisa Williams, Founder, H2oTown
11:30-Noon First release: Highlights of Ford-funded study of Citizen Media Projects
- Susan Brenna, reporter
- Jan Schaffer, editor
12:15-1:15 p.m. Topic Table Lunch
Sit with panelists of your choice and pick their brains.
1:15-2:30 p.m. Mainstream Media: Past Lessons, Future Vision
- Mary Lou Fulton, VP Audience Development, Bakersfield Californian
- Travis Henry, Editor, Your Hub.com
- Steve Yelvington, Vice President of Strategy & Content, Morris Digital Works; Founder, BlufftonToday.com
2:45-4:00 p.m. Building Sustainability
- Richard Anderson, President, VillageSoup.com
- Liz George, Co-Editor, Baristanet.com
- Courtney Lowery, Managing editor, NewWest.net
4:00-4:30 p.m. Citizen Television Correspondents
- Rosemary Danon, Vice President/ Online and New Media, Pappas Telecasting
4:30 Open Mike: Emerging Issues
TRAVEL & LODGING
Attendees are responsible for their own travel and lodging. The Summit will be held in the Capital Hilton, 1001 16th Street NW, and you can make reservations there by calling (202) 393-1000.
A small block of rooms has been set aside at the special rate of $186/night, but you will need to reserve by September 8 to get that rate. You can make your reservations online by clicking here.
Back to Home Page | E-mail This | Print This